TIOHDS Service Learning Mission Statement
The Temple Israel of Hollywood Day School Service Learning Program engages students, faculty, and parents in practices of social responsibility anchored in the teachings of Torah. Guided by the needs of the local and global community, we are committed to a process that includes inquiry, action, and reflection. The goal of our program is to develop lifelong habits of service and compassion, placing us between previous generations and those to come.
Service Learning Projects
- Hunger Banquet to learn about world hunger issues
- Partnership with Alexandria House, a neighborhood transitional house facility for abused women and children.
- Harvest and donate produce from our school garden to SOVA
- Collect monthly lunches for PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
- Produce Exchange, including produce from our school garden and community plot at Wattles Community Garden
- Participate in Best Foot Forward, a shoe drive for a partner school in South L.A.
- Volunteer and collect items for Big Sunday
- Participate in Temple’s Christmas Dinner Project